Sunday 27 May 2012

Bridesmaids Dresses Ideas

The creative brainstorming sessions will have to start: so how do I want my bridesmaids to be dressed? I realize that I would like to use shades of purple, lilac, lavender complemented with shades of cream an gold. The next question is what style? Indian, Sri Lanken or Western. If dresses then short or long? I have just spend the last half hour collating some pictures that stood out...to serve as a starting point for this discussion:
Love the simple elegance of satin here

Indian stuff always looks good, so shades of indian outfits like above here might be a good look?

Or a sari with sexy blouse?

Aren't they a happy bunch?

Loved these shades of purple and pastels in the Kardeshian wedding could we go with these shades in saris, didn't like the dresses here though.

An example of a simple Sri Lanken Bridesmaid's dress, we could use the theme and amp it up

Pretty Sri Lanken wedding, could keep things simple and uniform, how boring though huh?

The same party as above.

Ahh I loved the lilacs in the top pic here

Rather simple but cute indian stuff to compliment the bride's dress (pink)


Satin really does look sleek an nice..we could try something like this halter necked for eg in shades of purple and creme?




What fun hehe!

And finally some traditional photos of Sri Lanken brides to show you what to expect
My sari could look something like this. Yes I should mention that since it is a buddist wedding, it will be a sari and head veil too. but not the elaborate head pieces she has on.


The entourage that are present at the entrance of a Sri Lanken wedding, usually as the Bride and Groom are entering, a procession of Kandayan dancers and drummers follow along with these girls holding up lotuses.


Last but not the least some western bridal dresses I liked by designer Clare Pettibone aren't they simply exquisite!


5 comments:

  1. I can totally see you looking brilliant in cream and gold Saree with sexy knotted blouse. Lilac, lavender and purple would look colorful and happy. If you are planning to wear a Saree, having the bridesmaids in an Indian outfit will complete the picture. Have you watched the song 'gal meethi meethi Bol' from Aisha? For some reason I recall seeing this Cream and gold outfit on Sonam and the bride in the song. I'll find some pictures and mail them to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gigi yea I just watched it and thinks it is completely apt. :) simple and elegant. The gals are not so sure about wearing sari so I am a little worried, the option is to have a dress change and when I change later in the evening (bridesmaids get changed into something western).

      Delete
  2. Gigi, you're so right! She would look amazing in cream and gold and in Lilac too. But then again, you look great in pretty much any color, Avs!
    And...I love the purples in the Kardashian wedding too. I love the effect all the different shades of purple create together. I also really love the teal mix of salwar kameez and saris. :)
    Do you have a color scheme in mind yet Avs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puji I have not zeroed in on a theme, I know that we'll need to make it quite visually appealing with my colour palate, cuz the bbridal colours themselves are quite sober (referring to the cream and golds), we could have a dress chang at some point. Yes I too liked the range of purples and pastels.:) I was thinking that a even with sari if worn differently it would be a lot more comfortable for the likes of 'the diffident in traditional' Zee and it would be more interesting. For some of the classic Sri Lanken bridesmaid outfits check out this renowned Sri Lanken designer's works at

    www.purnimaabeyratne.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this and thought of you. Pretty Purples! http://poppytalk.blogspot.ca/2012/03/sunday-reading.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.