Friday 22 June 2012

Nutting out the bridesmaid's outfits


It has taken a while to understand how Buddhist weddings are conducted, but we are learning as we go.

I have decided to go with the local Sri Lanken designer, Purnima Abeyratne. He work is tidy and trendy and she is highly recommended by friends who have used her for their own weddings. Niro's mum wants me to use a local designer. Her and others like her are as good as they get I am told.

I understand the since the wedding is only around 5 hours in it's duration, there might be little time to change into another outfit. Preferably the bridesmaids should stand out looking pretty and pretty distinguishable.  So it might be just the one outfit.


The link to Purnima's site is http://www.purnimaabeyratne.lk

I will be dressed in the Indian drape so have a good at 'Low Country Brides'. She only tailors the clothes and gives design advice so we can look at pourchasing material either locally or from India too. I definitely want to give the Bridesmaids attires an Indian twist. Perhaps the blouses could be or some indian handicrafts. From the images it seems like there are many ways to drape the sari - to make it look more like a dress. We could even do monotone colours of a chiffon textile with  jari borders in gold?

I want to have the Design plans drafted before the middle of July in 3 weeks from now ie 15th of July 2012. So that when Niro's parents come to Auckland (they are currently in Sri Lanka) I will have something to talk about, and also by the time I come down in early September, it will be easier to orchestrate a clear plan.

So really outlandish designs that I came across on Googling indian-fusion came up with the results below. Obvously I think they will need to be full length.

IDEAS PEOPLE! :)







2 comments:

  1. Hey Avs! I love the idea of a simple monotone sari with a nice border draped differently...or even traditionally for that matter! :) That would look so pretty!

    I also found more some pictures of fusion style dresses: (had to post the links because it won't let me post pictures ) :(

    http://www.kerrymorgan.com/blog/images/joy/JT013.jpg

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KdC5lVh9T7o/TO9YrMbracI/AAAAAAAAA0U/Afqn5n-1T9Q/s1600/redbrozneSariFishtailSS.jpg

    http://d2299dom91rmc1.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/360x444/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/s/ps-ei-2012-02-1_1.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. or a corset type top with fishtail type lehnga..

    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.